Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Episode 150: Traditional Japanese Food


Hayato: This is KSU student podcast.

Teruaki: My name is Teruaki and this is Hayato .

T: Today we’re going to talk about Japanese traditional dishes.

T: Hey, Hayato. Did you know that something to Japanese food?

H: Yes. I like Sushi very much.

T: I see.  I will introduce about Japanese traditional dishes. Japanese dishes are made of foods known to Japanese people well. One of the features of these dish is to keep natural taste of raw materials. And also the cooks use raw materials in the best season for them. Sushi and Tempura are typical. The best season for them and natural taste are important. Japan has four seasons ; spring, summer, fall, and winter. Every season has different food which are harvested in each season. If you eat Sushi, you can enjoy untouched taste of fresh fish. Tempura is also made of foods in the best season.

Have you ever

H: That’s great! Which do you like something Sushi?

T: well… I like Tuna and Anago

H: I see. I like them too.

T: By the way. Do you know Soba?

H: I don’t know. What Soba?

T: Soba is popular food in Japan. There are three steps to make Soba. First of all, mash Soba seeds with a millstone. Next, combine with some water. Finally, cut the dough. If it’s cold like today, you can put hot soup on it and enjoy it with eggs, edible wild plants, great yam, and Tempura. In summer, you can put green onions and wasabi into cold soup and dip Soba in it. At the end of the meal, some expert Soba eaters drink Sobayu which is the hot water used to boil the Soba. In addition, Soba might have an effect on your health, it has become popular.

H: Wow… It is great. I want to eat Soba.

T: What do you think about Japanese food?

H: I think that’s all for today. Thanks for listening to KSU Student Podcast.

We hope you have learned something new.

 


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment