Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Episode 154: Ghibli Talk - Spirited Away


A: Hello. I'm Keina.
B: Hello. I'm Moeko. This is KSU student podcast.
A: Are you OK? You look very sleepy.
B: I feel very very sleepy because I stayed up late last night.
A: Why?
B: I watched a movie named "Spirited away ". Do you know?
A: Uhh,no.
B: Wow. What a waste that you have never watch it. I recommend this movie.
A: Oh. I am getting interested in it. I will watch this movie. So can you tell me the summary of it?
B: Yes, I can. When a girl named Chihiro and her parents run through a tunnel, they meet a strange sight. Then her parents become pigs while eating strange foods. Because She is surprised from seeing pigs, she runs away and meets Haku. Haku is a hero of this movie.
A: I know this movie! The title is "Sento Chihiro no kamikakushi"in Japan. I love it.
B: Wow. Which scenes were impressive?
A: Well. The most impressive scene as the movie is the farewell scene between Chihiro and Haku. I'm sad because she can't see him again. How about you?
B: The scene where her parents become pigs is very scary scene. When they latch onto the food, I think their face is ugly.  This is my most impressive scene.
A: I remember it. I'm scared that two pigs are gaining weight. Speaking of the food, her father eats strange food.
The food is jiggle. Do you know it?
B: Yes, I do. This is "Bawan". It is Taiwanese food.
A: Oh. I have never heard this word. I think "Bawan" resembles a jellyfish.
B: I have eaten it. But I don't like it because this is fatty food.
A:  Well... But I want to eat it. Her parents eat various foods. Many different foods appear in this movie. Most of them look delicious.
B: I have heard interesting story. At the  scene where her parents eat in food stall without permission, they say " I will pay when a shopkeeper come " to her. It is said that this words shows an adult is beside herself or himself with taking a strong interested in things which satisfied her or his wants.
A: Wow. In other words, this scene satirizes many adults who think there are no thing that we can't buy with money.
B: Yes.
A: This movie has many figurative expression. For example, the scene where her mother take up a cold attitude toward her. It shows modern mother. I will watch it while focusing them.
B: Me too. By the way, do you know a urban legend about it?
A: Yes, I do. When Chihiro rides a train, all rider's body is black and transparent. This means that they try to kill themselves and this train exclusively for someone like them.
B:  Oh.. It's horror. I guess she is saved because she get off the train.
A: Do you know another urban legend?
B: When she come back, Haku said "But you have to promise not to look back, not until you've passed through the tunnel " to her. If she had broken this promise, she would have become a daruma in front of the tunnel.
A: Wow. There are many  urban legends. Following it , let's watch "Spirited away " . I think that's all for today. Thank you for listening to KSU student podcast. We hope you have learned something new.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment