Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Episode 153: The History of Pokemon


History of Pokemon.

D: Hi, my name is Daisuke.

K: Hi, my name is Keita. This is KSU student podcast.

D: Hey Keita, what are you doing?

K: I'm playing Pokemon Go now.

D: Oh, it is a popular smartphone game. However, do you know origin of Pokemon?

K: Let me see, no I don't know it so well.

D: Do you want to know about their history?

K: Yes! It is like so fun!

D: OK! You know that Pokemon are characters from a game.  This game's title is "Pocket Monster".

K: Pokemon is an abbreviation of this title.

D: This game was produced by GAME FREAK Ink. In 1996, it was sold in Japan.

K: Oh, this year is the 20th anniversary! It sounds like a historic game.

D: But, at first, GAME FREAK didn't expect this game.

K: Really? Why didn't they expect it?

D: The software was adapted by Game Boy. It was an old type gaming machine then. So that, the company had thought that everyone didn't by it.

K: I see. But the expectation was betrayed for a good reason.

D: That's right! This software was bought by many people. The next year, the animation series started. Incidentally, the main character's name came from producer's name, "Tajiri Satoshi".

K: Wow! I didn't know that!

D: In 1998, the first movie was shown. It was a big hit all over the world.

K: It sounds popular.

D: Lastly, I want to pay attention to hidden messages.

K: Hidden message? What does that mean?

D: For example, the first movie's theme, "Mewtwo Strikes Back" was about the preciousness of life.

K: It sounds serious.

D: Yes, and the animation series " Diamond & Pearl", too. Also, the 5th movie " Latias and Latios, the Guardian Gods of the water capital" was influenced by terrorism on September 11 the previous year.

K: I thought Pokemon was just an interesting game, but now, I get a deep impression.

D: But, if you know these things, you will enjoy them.

K: I see. Thank you for telling me many things.

K: That's all for today. Thank you for listening.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment