Saturday, October 22, 2016

Episode 139: High School Baseball in Japan


T:Hi, this is KSU Student Podcast. I’m Teppei.

Y:I’m Yudai.

S:I’m Soma.

Y:I have been lacking exercise recently.

T:It isn’t good.

S:Lack of exercise causes all sickness. You should exercise even lightly every day.

Y:You’re right. I’ll start running from tomorrow.

T:Sounds good! Sports are wonderful. I love sports.

S:I like them, too.

T:In particular, I like baseball. I was playing baseball for 13 years from kindergartner’s time.

Y:It’s great. You like baseball really, don’t you?

T:Yeah. Do you like high school baseball, Yudai and Soma?

Y:Of course.

S:I like it very much.

T:Right then, do you know which team won the national high school baseball tournament in Koshien stadium last summer?   

Y:It’s an easy question. It’s Tokai University Sagami high school.

T:That’s right. Well, do you know which team won the first national tournament of a high school baseball?

Y:Oh, I don’t know.

S:It’s Kyoto Second Middle School, isn’t it?

T:Oh, you know well, don’t you?

S:Thanks.

T:That tournament has a very long history. In this history, there aren’t only teams which have won many times, but there are teams which can’t participate the national tournament, because they lost their regional matches.

Y:Which team will win this year?

S:I think a famous team will win.

Y:What is a famous team?

S:For example, Yokohama high school, Osaka Toin high school, Chiben high school in Nara,…

T:You mustn’t forget Takamatsu Commercial high school!

Y:Is it your favorite team?

T:Yeah. I like the team which has tradition. What are your favorite teams?

Y:I like the locals, so my favorite team is Ryukoku University Heian high school.

S:I like Riseisha high school, but there is also Osaka Toin high school in Osaka. Both are good teams. Riseisha was defeated by Osaka Toin last summer. I want Riseisha to defeat Osaka Toin this summer.

T:I hope so, too.

S:I’m looking forward to the opening of the competition!!

 

Y:That’s all for today. Thanks for listening.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment