Saturday, October 22, 2016

Episode 140: Frightening Places Around KSU


A: Hello. My name is Mai and this is Hinano. This is KSU student podcast.

A: Hi, Hinano. What are you doing?

B: Hi, Mai. I’m collecting materials for a paper now. I must submit it by tomorrow, but it isn’t quite finished.

A: Oh, I’m sorry to hear that, but it’s time to leave school. I’ll walk with you part of the way.

B: I see…. Buy the way, I heard a frightening rumor about KSU. Do you know it?

A: Sure. It’s said that ghosts appear around KSU. They have been witnessed on the third floor of the dormitories at KSU in the middle of the night. So, that place is blockaded. Other than that, there’s this kind of story too. People who are psychic can’t reach the roof of KSU in the middle of the night. In the past, KSU was an execution place. Do you know “Hiragino-wakare”?

B: Yes, I know it. What about it?

A: In the old days, criminals said goodbye forever to their family there. There are a lot of such places in Kyoto.

B: Really? I didn’t know that. I’d like to hear more details.

A: Well…, do you know “Rokuro-cho”?

B: Yes,I do. This name is derived from the fact that the place had been filled with countless corpses in the old days, wasn’t it?

A: Yes. Because of that, that place is named “Dokuro-cho”.

B: Wow, I didn’t know it. Is there an origin of “Chiarai-cho”, too?

A: That’s right! There’s a pond there. In the old days, Minamoto no Yoshitsune was attacked by burglars, but he slayed them with his sword. After that, he washed away the blood on his sword in that pond.

B: Ohhh…. I began to feel afraid. Let’s go home soon!

A: Yeah…. Oh, please wait a minutes. Hi! What are you doing?

B: What’s away? Is there something the matter with you?

A: There’s a woman is squatting down on the corner.

B: There isn’t anyone there.

A: Hun? Oh, she disappeared!

AB:  …….Oh! No!!

B: That’s all for today. Thanks for listening!


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment