Sunday, October 23, 2016

Episode 142: Things to do in Osaka and Kyoto


A: Hello everyone. I am Emiko.
B:  I am Rika. This is KSU student podcast. Today we are going to talk about and introduce Osaka and Kyoto.
A: What do you want to do on the weekend?
B: I want to do some sightseeing.
A: Sounds good! Why don’t you go sightseeing in Osaka?
B: Nice, tell me about Osaka.
A: The tourist attraction which is famous in Osaka is Expo Commemoration Park. The park which is known as “Banpaku” is the former site of Osaka Word Expo in 1970. It is currently a big park where can play badminton and have a picnic.  There is a symbol there called Taiyounotou”.
B: There are events?
A: Sure. Flea markets and music festivals are often held in Banpaku.
B: Thank you. I’ve become interested.
A: I’d love to go with you. Where is the famous sightseeing spot in Kyoto?
B: Famous place in Kyoto is Arashiyama. Many people visit there because red leaves and cherry blossoms are very beautiful. Do you know Chikurinnomichi?
A: I don’t know about it. What is it?
B: It is a street where there are many bamboo plants lined up. You can enjoy seeing a fantastic view.
A: Oh, really? That is the first time I have heard of it.
B: Green tea is famous in Kyoto. There are many foods using green tea.
A: I have never eaten powdered green tea. How about powdered green tea?
B: It is delicious but a little bitter. Now, what is famous food in Osaka?
A: Speaking of Osaka, it is takoyaki.
B: Takoyaki?
A:  Yes. It’s a food which has octopus in dough ball. There is a special kitchen utensil called the takoyaki machine. It is a food which is popular so it is said that all Osaka families have one.
B: Try out it!
A:  I think that’s all for today. Thanks for listening to KSU student Podcast. We hope you have learned something new.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment