Sunday, October 23, 2016

Episode 141: Japanese Culture Around the World


Hello my name is Minako. That is Kie.
This is KSU student's podcast. How are you?

Good, by the way, recently in my free time l have been watching animation at midnight.
That’s good. Please tell me about animation!!

Yes!! As for Japanese culture, animation is one of the representative things.
In the old days, speaking of the Japanese culture meant food, kimono, scenery, temple, religion....... But now, Japanese animation is recognized as one of the Japanese cultures.


Japanese animation was not accepted by the public in old days in Japan. Japanese people looked down on it as a geek's hobby.

 
In Japan, and in the world, the some of the most popular animation is Japanese. For example Dragon Ball, Doraemon and such.

 
Why did Japanese animation become so popular? I think there are three reasons. First, most of Japanese animation story is not for children. Second, it is very high quality. Third, there are many genres. It is a rich environment. These points get the heart of animation fans.

It's good!!  I like Doraemon!!

What do you do in your free time?
I like listening to music, I especially love Kyaryu Pamyu Pamyu.
 

Oh! Please tell me about!
   

Kyaryu Pamyu pamyu is a Japanese fashion model. She is known for her original fantastic style. She often changes her hair style and colors. She expanded the Japanese "kawaii" fashion around the world.

She is also a singer, and sings comical and cute songs.
Her first song is "pon pon pon", it's my favorite. I don't understand the lyrics, but it's exciting for me. And I think she has good taste.

She succeeded overseas. Many people all over the world like her fashion, songs, and her character. And people uses the word "kawaii."
   

 I like Kyarry Pamyu Pamyu too! I know pompompom!! I think she is so cute, and cool!!
    Thank you for listening to our podcast!!!!


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment