Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Episode 115: Japanese culture and Manga Talk


K: Hello. I'm Keina.
M: Hello. I'm Miyu. This is KSU student podcast. How are you?
K: I'm happy because I happened to meet my foreign friend. He was reading "Weekly Shonen Jump". We got excited over talking about it.
M: I like it very much. Many famous comics have been published in "Weekly Shonen Jump". For example, One piece, Bleach, and more.
K:  Oh, speaking of comics, did you know that "One piece " was registered with the Guinness Book Of World Records as the most published comic in 2015?
M: Of course, I know. The news surprised me. I think that Eichiro Oda, who is the writer of this comic, has amazing talent.
K: I think so too. He is a wonderful person. Well, have you heard of "Kochikame"'s Guinness record?
M: Yes, I have. It was registered as the longest published comic. It was published for over 30 years.
K: Oh! By the way, did I tell you I went to an event "C3 in Hong Kong "?
M: No.
K: C3 means character, culture and contents. I saw many foreign cosplayers. One of them is Kankichi Ryotu who is a hero of Kochikame.
M: Oh, that person has good sense. What kind of cosplayer did you see?
K: For example, Luffy, Livai, and Osomatsukun. I think that a famous comic in Japan is as famous as in foreign countries.
M: Many cosplayers in foreign countries cosplay as Japanese characters. I think that this means Japanese comics are popular in the world.
K: I think so. Japanese comics are wonderful. I want everyone to read them!
M: But foreign sales of Japanese manga has dropped off. I think that one of the reasons is that imported goods from Japan are expensive.
K: I hope it will become cheap soon. That's all for today. Thanks for listening.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment