Thursday, September 22, 2016

Episode 127: How Japan Deals with Disasters


A: Hello My name is Tanio.
B: Hi. My name is Takahata. How are you doing?
A: I`m fine thanks. You?
B: Me too.
A: We want to have a good opportunity to talk today.
B: Ok. This is KSU student podcast, we are going to talk about a disaster in Japan.
A: At first, 5 years passed since Tohoku Earthquake happened, its damage was very serious.
B: Yes. There were over 10 thousand injured people. I think that tsunami was the worst thing.
A: Well, the tsunami’s damage is more serious than the earthquake`s damage. It caused 90% of the damage because it swept buildings and people away. It was a cruel disaster. But earthquake`s damage was small so that was a good thing.
B: Why?
A: When you watched the news for the first time, you didn’t see collapsed builsinds. In short Japanese earthquake-resistant design has a good quality. Japan learns from its past experiences and we have progressed our construction skill. Therefore it pasted small people.
B: That`s right. In 1923 Kanto Earthquake`s damage injured over 10 thousand people. Recent Kumamoto earthquake`s damage resulted in only 40 deaths. These results prove the progress of the earthquake-resistance skill.
A: Eventually Japan is will find a good way to protect people from tsunamis.
B: You`re right. I hope the day will come. Besides I worry about the victims.
A: Umm. The people lived in Tohoku must fix the town themselves. We must support them until can fix themselves town.
B: Of course. I think that I want to help them as much as I possibly can. I hope they can find happiness in the end.
A: Thank you for listening. I hope you learned something new today.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment