Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Episode 005 - What do you know about Track and Field?


Transcript

A: Hi Takuya! How are you?

B: Hi Kodai! I'm good. How about you?

A: I'm pretty good. Hey! What did you do yesterday?

B: Yesterday? I was running at an athletics stadium.

A: Why did you do that?

B: I felt like running for the first time in a long time.  I was a member of track and field club when I was younger.

A: Oh really? So, what is your event?

B: I used to take part in event of 400m dash and 100m dash.

A: Amazing! Do you like running?

B: Yes, of course. I really like running. How about you?

A: I don't like running.

B: Why?

A: Because it makes me tired.

B: But it's good for your health.

A: Well, indeed. By the way, do you have any track and field athlete to look up to?

B: Yes, I respect Usain Bolt. He’s really something! No one can match his speed.

A: You really respect him, right?

B: Yeah.

A: Hey? Do you know about the history of track and field?

B: I know only a little about it.

A: Tell me about something.

B: Well then, What should I talk about.....hmmm. Oh, By the way. Do you know origin of track and field?

A: No, I don't, tell me please.

B: It's said that the origin of track and field is in Ancient Greece around 776 B.C.

A: What a surprise!

B: Track and Field was introduced into Japan by the British in the Meiji era. 

 Japanese took part in the Olympic Games for the first time in Stockholm in 1912.

A: You know that very well!

B: Are you interested in that?

A: A little, so when will the next Olympic be held?

B: It will be held in 2016 in Rio de Janeiro.

A: Oh, I see. What about Olympics in Japan?

B: Japan is the host country for the Olympic Games in 2020.
  I'm looking forward to the Tokyo Olympics. How about you?

A: I'm also looking forward to it.

B: I expect much of Bolt!

A: Me too.

B: Well, I think that is all for today’s podcast.

A: We hope you have learned something new today.

B: Thanks for listening.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment