Thursday, November 12, 2015

Episode 016 - Japanese Baseball League: A Short History


Transcript:

 

M: My name is Masahisa and this is Kazuya.
K: Yes, I am Kazuya. This is KSU student podcast.
M: How have you been recently? You look like so tired.
K: Ah...Yes, I am very tired because I cheered for my favorite baseball team. I love Chiba Lotte Marines. Chiba Lotte's baseball style is solid and daring. Chiba Lotte did Giant killing in this year's climax series. My favorite player is Hideaki Wakui. He got an award for being the winningest pitcher.
M: Oh...really? It's very wonderful. In fact, I like baseball, too. My favorite player is Shintarou Fujinami in Hanshin Tigers. His fast ball is so fast. I was very excited by his fast ball.
K: I think so too. He is the representative pitcher of japan. I am surprised that he is stll 21 years old.

M: By the way, do you know, the real history about the Japanese baseball league?
K: Oh...sorry, I don't know. Please tell me about it.
M: Of course!! Japan's baseball league was established in February 5th in 1936. This league had two teams in those day. The two team’s names were Tokyo Kyojin and Osaka Tigers.
K: Sorry? Is the Osaka Tigers the same as the Hanshin Tigers?
M: Oh...that's right! This team changed its name in 1940. 6 teams increased in 12 teams and 12 teams divided into two leagues in 1949. This reason make model on Major league.
K: What team was there in 1949?
M: There was Yomiuri Giants, Hankyu Braves, Daiei Stars, Nankai Hawks, Chunichi Dragons, Osaka Tigers, Tokyu Flyers, Taiyou Rovins.
K: I understand. Is there the women’s professional baseball league in japan?
M: Yes, the women’s professional baseball league exists. The women’s professional baseball began in 2009. The women’s baseball club of the high school increased under the influence of women’s professional baseball league.
K: It's great. I wish the women’s professional baseball become a popular more than before. Is there the independent league?
M: Of course. Shikoku island league began in 2005. There are many leagues now. Recently, Kyuji Fujikawa of a famous professional baseball player belonged, to the independent league.
K: Is it true? I am surprised.
M: There is other famous baseball player.
Recently, there are many baseball player transferring for professional baseball league from the independent leagues. There is a player of Chiba Lotte Marines from independent league.
K: I did not know it. I will check it other day. Thank you Masahisa. I am happy to know about Japan's baseball history. It was very fun. By the way, why do you know the information of the baseball history? I think that you did not know the baseball very much.
M: My grandfather liked baseball so I heard a story by him. I went to the baseball stadium together.
K: So you know a lot about baseball. I want to go to the baseball game with you.
M: I think so too.
K: Hey Masahisa, shall we go to the baseball game together next Sunday?
M: Sorry, I am busy on Sunday.
K: Oh...How about on Saturday?
M: Sound good! I am looking forward to going to the baseball game.


K: That's all for today, I hope you learned something new. Thanks for listening to KSU student podcast.
M: See you, bye.


Check out this episode!

1 comment:

  1. I love to watch baseball game too, because I had belonged to baseball culb. I like HANSHIN TIGERS.

    ReplyDelete