Monday, November 23, 2015

Episode 024 - Japanese Rugby Rises in Recognition


Transcript

M: Hello, My name is Masaya and this is Akifumi.

  Welcome to the KSU student podcast.

A: From now, we will talk about Japan's Rugby World Cup term.

  Please listen to our talk.


M: Hello, Akifumi How are you doing?

A: Hello, Masaya. I'm so-so. How about you?

M: I'm excited, because I watched the Rugby World Cup on TV.

  Did you watch it?

A: I saw it on the news. Japan's team seemed to be great.

M: That's right. Japan beat South Africa even though the South African team was ranked higher.

A: Oh, It's good. Was Japan able to go on the quarter finals?

M: Unfortunately, Japan was not able to go on the quarter finals.

  But, Japan get three wins in the World Cup.

A: Humm.... It was disappointing. And I saw it in news, it seems to be a splendid achievement.

M: This victory was appreciated worldwide.

  And Japan's team attracted attention because of this game.

  For example, “Goromaru” poses were popular.

A: Then I heard it. There seems to be a lot of people imitating the Goromaru pose.

  What pose is that?

M: That is a routine of Goromaru. He does it to raise concentration before kicking a ball.

  Because it is a characteristic pose, many people imitate it.

A: I see. I have learned how fun is through these facts.

  I was not interested in rugby until I saw this tournament.

M: I think that I want everybody to know the fun things about the rugby.

  The World Cup will be held in Japan in 2019.

A: Wow! It's splendid. We must support the Japanese team.

 
  That's all. Thanks for listening. We hope you learned something new.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment