Monday, November 9, 2015

Episode 012 - Sightseeing in Kyoto in the Fall


Transcript

Haruna: Hallo. This is Haruna.

Akemi: And, this is Akemi.

H: Recently, it has become cold, hasn’t it?

A: Yeah, especially in the morning and night.

H: When I go to school, I put on a coat and a muffler.

A: Me too.

H: By the way, when I saw the word “autumn”, what do you imagine?

A: Autumn? Umm…I will think about colored leaves.

H: Really? I like to see colored leaves, too.

A: Do you know any famous spots to see colored leaves?

H: I recommend you to visit Kyoto Gosho Palace.

A: We can enter this place for free, can’t we?

H: Yes, but we can do things outside the buildings.

A: How can we enter inside the buildings?

H: In spring and autumn, we can enter inside without offering during some special days.

  However, this year, it is past the time!

A: Oh, that’s a pity. Can we go there by train?

H: Yes, if you use the train, you get off at Imadegawa station or Marutamachi station.

A: Oh, it is convenient.

H: Actually, this park is managed by the Imperial Household Agency, so anytime is beautiful. We can eat lunch while looking at a beautiful view!

A: Really? It sound interesting.

H: If I have a chance, I want to do it with my friends.

   Then…Do you know another good place to see colored leaves?

A: Yes. I recommend you to go to temples.

H In Kyoto, there are a lot of temples and shrines. Which temple do you recommend?

A: I will tell you about Kodaiji temple. Do you know Kodaiji temple?

H: No.

A: It is located in Higashiyamaku: the east side of Kyoto. If you go there, you can see a pond surrounded by a lot of trees. It is so beautiful.

H: That sounds great.

A: Yes. When the illumination event is held in this temple, we need special admission. But I think it is worth going.

H: I know that Kiyomizu temple is in Higashiyama.

A: Kiyomizu temple also holds illumination events from November 14th to December 6th.

H: What time is this event held?

A: From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. We need 400 yen to see illumination. A child is the half price of an adult.

H: I think it is a little cheap. Maybe Kiyomizu temple should take money from tourists.

A: I think so, too.

H: I have never been there, so I want to go with you.

A: Thank you. Oh, time is over!

H: Really?

A: Yes. Thank you very much for listening!

H: If you want to visit shrines or temples, I think you should search carefully. Thank you very much, too!

A: We hope you learned something new today.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment