Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Episode 007 - Prefecture Battle! Kochi vs. Shiga


Transcript

Honoka: My name is Honoka and this is Hinata. This is KSU Student Podcast. How have you been recently?

 

Hinata: Sure. Pretty good! How about you?

 

Honoka: I’ve been fine! What did you do last weekend?

 

Hinata: As you know, the “Koyama-festival” was held last weekend in KSU. Then my badminton circle set up a refreshment stand and I helped at it.

 

Honoka: What did you sell?

 

Hinata: I sold frankfurter. It was so hard, but all of my circle members worked hard together, so I had a really good time.

 

Honoka: Sounds great! Cooperating with friends gives a sense of achievement.

 

Hinata: That’s right!

 

Honoka: I want to meet my local friends.

 

Hinata: What’s this all of a sudden? Why?

 

Honoka: Because I was a member of the futsal team when I was a junior high school student, so I’m reminded of that time when it comes to teamwork.

 

Hinata: Oh, I see.

 

Honoka: So, today, we’re going to talk about each others hometown. Hey Hinata, what is your favorite point of your hometown?

 

Hinata: My hometown is Kochi. Then Kochi has so many nice places and good points. First, there is rich nature, so the water and air is so good!

 

Honoka: Oh, your hometown seems like a country town.

 

Hinata: Yeah, you are right, but I love my home town. How about your prefecture, Honoka?

 

Honoka: Well, My hometown is Shiga. Shiga has so many nice places and good points. First, there is rich nature, so water and air is so good, too!

 

Hinata: Oh, I se…?! Hey, wait a minute!

 

Honoka: What?

 

Hinata: You copied all of my words!! I want you to tell me some more different things about Shiga, OK?

 

Honoka: Sorry, haha. Speaking of Shiga, it has Lake Biwa. It’s like the sea. The water for most of the Kinki area is sent from Lake Biwa. You must not make fun of Lake Biwa!

 

Hinata: Wow! The people of Shiga prefecture are scary :)

 

Honoka: No! We are very kind!

 

Hinata: Really? Ok, I trust you. Do you have more good points?

 

Honoka: There is a famous castle, “Hikone castle.” We can meet “Hikonyan”!! Cherry trees are beautiful in spring. But, some stairs at the castle are so hard.

 

Hinata: I see, it is hard for me to go up long stairs. Oh! Kochi also has castle! It is “Kochi Castle.”

 

Honoka: These are such local topics! I don’t know. Is there a more famous place?

 

Hinata: I think so too. Well, oh, Kochi has beautiful seas! One of the most famous sea is “Katsura-Hama.” There is a statue of Ryoma Sakamoto. Ryoma Sakamoto is a famous man of noble ideals in the Edo era.

 

Honoka: Wow! I love the sea and I want to see the beautiful sea!

 

Hinata: Oh, really? Thanks! It is inferior to Lake Biwa in fame, but I think it is superior to Lake Biwa in beauty.

 

Honoka: You really loves your home town, right?

 

Hinata: Of course! But today, I am glad to hear a lot of new things about Shiga.

 

Honoka: Thanks! Ok, I think that each of our prefecture are nice places! That’s all for today. Thank you for listening. We hope you learned something new today.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment