Monday, November 9, 2015

Episode 011 - 80's and 90's Video Game History


Transcript

A: Hello, everyone. My name is Akihiko Okenari and this is Sota Nishino. How have you been recently? How are you doing, Sota?
B: I am sleepy. I went to bed at 2 o'clock.
A: 2 o'clock? ....
B: How about you?
A: I'm hungry. I want to eat lunch.
B: What do you want to eat?
A: I want to eat curry rice.
B: It's very delicious.
A: Today we're going to talk about game's history?
B: Hmm. I know the major names of games, but I don't know about that.
A: OK. I know a little about that. It's too large to explain about game's history, so I'll tell you major information.
B: Yeah.
A: First, The Space Invader appeared in 1978. That was very popular. In Japan, the buildings for playing that was built. They were filled by many people. That was social incident.
B: Really? That's very amazing! I wanted to play it, too.
A: This is just the beginning. In 1980's, the Pakkman appeared. Do you know?
B: Of course. He is a character of Namco. He appeared" PIXELS". He is so cute.
A: Cute? Hmm. O.K. He is cute. Did you watch that?
B: No, not yet, but I want to.
A: Aha, me, too. Pakkman has been very popular now. Pakkman has been very popular now. But in 1980's, more popular hard appeared. It's Family Computer! 
B: All Japanese people know it. That is very historical in Japanese pop culture. Famous game soft introduced for it. Dragon Quest, Mario Brothers, and so on. I wanted to play them, but can't play them, but can't play now, right?
A: No, we can play them.
B: What? How to do it?
A: We can download them by Internet. They are sold at Online Store of Wii.
B: That's very wonderful! I want next generation's people to play them.
A: Yeah, I think so, too. Now, I think we talked about 1980's game-history, right?
B: Yeah That's no problem.
A: OK,so I'll talk 1990's history easily. 
B: Got it.
A: Pocket Monster is good example. Red and Green are sold in 1990's. They were very popular. I selected Hitokage from first monsters. How about you?
B: I selected Zenigame 
A: Oh, I lose .OK. In 1990's, the famous Game machine was sold. Do you know?
B: Hmm... Sorry, I don't know. What's that?
A: It's Play Station. It's introduced by SONY. Its image quality was very break through and beautiful. Final Fantasy 7 is good examples.
B: SONY's technique is very good. Play Station 3 and 4 have more beautiful image quality.
The modern games are very interesting.
A: Yeah. The modern games are based on classical games. We can have hope in the future of video games.
B: I think that's all for today. Thanks for listening to KSU Student Podcast. We hope you have learned something new.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment