Monday, July 4, 2016

Episode 093 - Some Facts about Japanese Baseball


A: Hello!

B: Oh, hello! This is KSU student Podcast.

A: My name is Norikiyo. Nice to meet you.

B: My name is Daichi. Nice to meet you too. How old are you?

A: I’m nineteen years old. How about you?

B: Me too.

A: Where are you from?

B: I’m from Miyazu city, Kyoto. How about you?

A: I’m from Okayama.

B: Okayama? Okayama is very famous for Momotaro.

A: By the way, did you watch the news about baseball last night?

B: Yes, I did. Ichiro is the best player. I respect him.

A: Oh, really? I like him, too.

B: His position is right field, isn’t it?

A: That’s right. When I was a junior high school student, my position was right field, too.

B: Oh, were you a baseball player?

A: Yes, I was. What sports did you do?

B: I have played baseball since I was nine years old.

A: Perhaps, were you a pitcher?

B: Yes, I was.

A: Oh, by the way, Ichiro was a pitcher as a high school student.

B: I have respected him, so I was a pitcher.

A: That’s great. I think that being a pitcher is very difficult.

B: I had trouble practicing.

A: I think that communication with catcher is important.

B: That’s right. It is more important than any other thing.

A: Ichiro has a very strong heart.

B: I wanted to have his spirit.

A: By the way, he has pressure from his fan.

B: Against that background, he marked his 1000th hits in the majors when he was fourty years old.

A: Those hits were really amazing.

B: He is striving.

A: Also he is achieved another record.

B: He is trying to get 3000th hits his career/

A: He made the impossible possible.

B: It is a phrase totally for him.

A: Baseball is loved by everyone.

B: Japanese baseball players are great.

A: I want to play baseball in college.

B: Can you join the baseball club with me?

A: That’s good!

B: Could you play catch with me every Wednesday?

A: Yes, I could. Let’s go shopping at a sports shop!

B: I would like to buy a new glove.

A: What color glove do you like?

B: I like red, because Ichiro’s glove is red, too.

A: You never change, do you?

B: Well, I must admit it.

A: Thanks for listening. We hope you learned something.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment