Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Episode 110 - Japanese Food Culture


Yuki: This is KSU Student Podcast. My name is Yuki and this is Kohei.

       Hello, Kohei.

Kohei: Hi, Yuki. What’s wrong? You look tired?

 

Yuki: Yeah. I’m tired because I didn’t eat breakfast today. Kohei did you eat?

 

Kohei: Yes, I at . Yuki, what do you eat always morning?

 

Yuki: Umm…. I always eat bread or serial in the morning.

     I don’t have any time so I eat easy food.

 

Kohei: Oh, bread. I always eat rice, miso soup, seaweed and grilled salmon.

 

Yuki: Wow, That’s typical of the Japanese breakfast.

     In addition, I want to eat natto and tofu.

 

Kohei: I understand. But, I think that some people don’t like natto’s smell.

      In particular, foreign people don’t like natto.

      So they eat sushi so much. But Nattomaki isn’t eaten by them.

 

Yuki: Yeah also that. But Japanese food is well-known to be healthy.

     Japanese often eat seaweed and fish, so they have healthy body.

Kohei: Yeah. You know about Japanese food. Do you study it in university class?

 

Yuki: Yes, I’m studying at the “Food culture theory of Kyoto” .

 

Kohei: I see. Is there any food that has been eaten for a long time or something?

 

Yuki: Hmm. For example, Somen has been eaten for 600 year .

     So, it is from the Muromachi age.

 

Kohei: Wow! It’s a long time so much!

      I don’t know about somen .

Old Japanese food is green tea and kaiseki cuisine, I thought.

 

Yuki: That’s right. Kyoto is famous for green tea from Uji.

      I will study about that. I will walk and eat the food of Kyoto.

Do you want to come with me?

 

Kohei: It sounds fun! I want to go.

 

Yuki: OK. Let’s go together.

 

Kohei: That’s all for today. Thanks for listening to the podcast.

     


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment