Thursday, June 9, 2016

Episode 070 - City Battle: Nishinomiya vs. Otsu!


KSU Student Podcast

A: Taiki  B: Takuma

A: Hello. My name is Taiki and this is Takuma. This is KSU student podcast.

B: Where are you from?

A: I’m from Nishinomiya city in Hyogo prefecture. Nishinomiya has a lot of sightseeing spots. What do you know about Nishinomiya?

B: I don’t know anything.

A: Oh! I know that! It has one of the most famous baseball stadiums in Japan. I went there when I was elementary school student. It has a seating capacity of 53,000 people and plays host to the Hanshin Tigers. During the year there are about 60 professional games. Also, in April and August, Japan’s National High School Baseball Tournament is held there.

B: That’s great. Do you like baseball?

A: No I don’t. I like soccer. I go to soccer stadiums three times a month all over Japan. It is shame that Nishinomiya doesn’t have a professional soccer team. What sports do you like?

B: I like track and field. I belonged to track and field club when I was junior high school student and high school student. I was sprinter. Running is simple, but practice is so hard and complex.

A: OK! By the way, where are you from?

B: I’m from Otsu city in Shiga prefecture.

A: What is your birthplace famous for?

B: It has Lake Biwa. It is the largest lake in Japan. It supplies about 14million people with its water. You can enjoy fishing and driving around there. In the tourist season, a train traveling around there is frequently operated as a train reserved for groups.

A: That’ great! I want to go there to play with my friends this summer.

B: I think that’s all for today. Thanks for listening to KSU Student Podcast.

A: We hope you have learned something new.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment