Monday, June 13, 2016

Episode 074 - Prefecture Battle: Osaka vs. Tochigi


LOCAL BATTLE( OSAKA V.S TOCHIGI)


S: Hello. My name is Yuta. Please call me Yuta. Nice to meet you. This is KSU student podcast.

F: Hello, Yuta. I’m Yukiya. Please call me Yukiya. Nice to meet you, too.

S: Where are you from, Yukiya?

F: I’m from Mouka, Tochigi. This is in the southeast area of Tochigi. How about you?

S: I’m from Hirakata, Osaka. This is in the northeast area of Osaka. Do you live in a town or the countryside?

F: Umm…. Maybe I think countryside. There are a lot of trees around my town and it is an abundant place naturally. There is much nature and no light because there are no stores around there.  You can see a lot of stars shining in a clean empty sky in the evening. It’s in the mountains, so this landscape changes every season. There are many things to do to enjoy oneself there. Also, you can see the beautiful sky at night. 

S: Please tell me about watching the stars? 

F: Yes, of course. The place has absolutely no lights. It takes 20 minutes to drive and you’ll be able to see a starry sky.

S: Is that so? I envy you. Please bring me there sometime. Hirakata is a town around Hirakata station, but the station suburb is countryside. My town is not as beautiful landscape as yours town. There is a convenience store, a restaurant and a supermarket near my house. So, I can’t see a lot of stars. But, Hirakata has an amusement park that is called “HIRAKATA PARK”. Sometimes it is called “Hirapa”. There are about 35 kinds of attractions, for example a roller coaster, a Ferris wheel and a coffee cup ride.

F: It sounds like fun. I want to go there. I also want you to go to my town.

S: I want to go to your city, too. By the way, have you been to the sea? Tochigi is a landlocked prefecture, isn’t it?

F: Yes, I have. But, I don’t remember it because I was a child. I think that the place was called Awa island.


S: Where is Awa Island?

F: It is in Niigata.

S: Oh, I see. I have been to the sea, too. I also went to Awaji Island in Hyogo.

F: What is the name of the coast?

S: The coast’s name is “Oohama Beach. Osaka has a lot of factories near Osaka bay, and there are few beaches. So, I don’t think I want to go there very much.

F: I see. Were Mt. Fuji and Tomioka spinning place registered with the world's cultural and natural heritage recently? Does your prefecture have World Heritage sites?

S: No, it doesn’t. But, my prefecture has a castle. Its name is Osaka Castle. This castle was built by Toyotomi Hideyoshi about four hundred years ago. This castle has a long history.

F: Really? In my province, Tochigi shrines and temples in Nikko have been registered as a World Heritage Sites!! For example, the Tosho-gu shrine positive light gate, picture of the “three monkeys” of forced hear , have to say, forced to look and so on. I would admire it very much.
  
S: How nice!! I would like to go there.

F: It would be nice.

S: So, what is the famous food in Tochigi?

F: Dumplings and strawberries, in particular, but all the food is very delicious.

S: Wait!! I’ve heard that “SHIMOTSUKARE” is called local cuisine of Tochigi. I think the food has an extremely bad appearance.

F: Certainly the appearance is bad, but I think it is very tasty. However, some people in Tochigi hate it.

S: I see. The famous foods in my province are takoyaki, Kansai style Okonomiyaki, Fried pork and spring onions on skewers and so on. They are delicious, too.

F: Wow. I want to try to eat them.

S: Me too. 

F: Come hang out in Tochigi, Yuta!!

S: By all means I will. Come hang out in Osaka, Yukiya too!!

Y: I will. Thank you for your introduction.

S: I’m also thankful to you!

Y: That’s all for today. Thanks for listening!!

S: We hope you learned something new!!  


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment