Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Episode 030 - Prefecture Battle: Wakayama food vs Osaka food


A: Hello everyone. My name is Mayu.
This is Izumi.

B: This is KSU podcast.

A: There are many students who came from all kinds of areas.

B: I think so, too! We can hear about the various region at this university.        

A: By the way, where are you from?

B: I'm from Wakayama prefecture.
  How about you?

A: I'm from Osaka. Oh, our home town are the Kinki district!

B:  That's right! What place is Osaka?

A: Every food is very delicious.

B: I see. There are many delicious foods in Wakayama, too.

A: What kind of food are in Wakayama?

B: OK! Wakayama have some local cuisine.
First, it is long tooth grouper hot pot.

A: Long tooth grouper?

B: Yes. Long tooth grouper is a scary face fish.
But, this fish's taste is delicate!
So, it is delicious!!
Because long tooth grouper is the high price fish, long tooth grouper hot pot is special food for Wakayama's people.
There are a lot of fish in Wakayama, because Wakayama is surrounded by the sea.
Second, it is Mehari sushi.

A: What's Mehari?

B: Mehari meaning is "opening eyes widely.
It's bigger than normal rice ball.
So, it is such named.
Because it is wrapped by leaves of pickles, it looks green mass.
It's a taste of the common people.

A: Oh, thank you for telling.
I didn’t know long tooth grouper and mehari, but now, I want to eat!
Ok, next, I will talk.
I tell you about kitsuneudon.
You have eaten, haven't you?

B: Yes, this is very delicious.

A: Many people don't know that kitsuneudon is Osaka's local cuisine.
Do you know why is called, “kitsune” udon?

B: now,I don't.

A: Ok, I tell you. Kitsuneudon has deep fried tofu and it is fox's favorite food, and color and it likes fox's image.
In Japan, it is said that for calls prosperity, Osaka is merchant's town.
So, kitsuneudon has been eaten with thanks and a wish.

B: There is such a history in Osaka's food. I'll eat them, when I visit there.

A: Please eat it. Today I became to want to eat and know about local cuisine in Japan.

B: I think so, too. Recently, it's getting cold. So, I want to eat hot pot.

A: But, be careful not to overeat.

B: That’s right!

A: Everyone, let's search your hometown's local cuisine.

B: Surely, you can notice a new things.

A: Thank you for listening.

B: See you!


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment