Friday, December 18, 2015

Episode 054 - Christmas in Japan


A: Hello, my name is Saya and this is Honami. How are you?
B: I'm good thanks, you?
A: I'm fine, too.
B: This is KSU Student Podcast. Today, we are going to talk about how to spend your day on X'mas.
A: At first, we are going to talk about how to spend your X'mas day in Japan. Hey, Honami Do you know that Japanese people often go to KFC on X'mas?
B: Really? I didn't know that and I have never been there in Japan. But I tried to get take out once.
A: Sounds good.
B: By the way, X'mas is coming soon. Do you have a plan on X'mas?
A: Yes, I will spend the day with many my friends. It's '女子会'. We will decorate my friend's house and hold party.
B:  Sounds good. I’ll spend the day with my boyfriend. He will make a plan, so I am looking forward to spending the day with him.
A: Wow! Do you know how most people spend X'mas in Japan?
B: Umm. I think that most people spend X'mas with their family.
A: No, I searched how most people spend X'mas in Japan. So, most people spend the day with their boyfriend or girlfriend. Other people spend the day with their family or friends.
B: That’s interesting. Japanese people spend X'mas with their boyfriend or girlfriend.
A: Yes, X'mas is a day for boyfriends or girlfriends in Japan. Do you know what present you should give to a boyfriend or girlfriend?
B: I think it is accessories for girlfriend as a present.
A: That's right! Most people give their girlfriends accessories. I want it for X'mas as a present.
B: I think so too. What do they give boyfriends a present?
A: Umm...I searched that. It is a watch. It is always worn. So, it is often selected as a X'mas present.
B: It is interesting. What do they eat on X'mas?
A: Japanese people eat X'mas cakes and chickens.
B: That's good.
A: Each person has a different plan and present for X'mas day.
B: Next, we are going to talk about how to spend your X'mas in foreign country.
A: For example, in America most people spend the day with their family and relatives including their boyfriend or girlfriend, so many people get together on X'mas day.
B: That's interesting. I think that it is different from Japan. What do they eat on X'mas?
A: They eat ham, beef, and turkey. And they eat not only X'mas cakes but also cookies.
B: Really? I am surprised. I know how people spend their X'mas day in Italy.
A: Oh! Really? I want to know that. Please tell me.
B: Yes, in Italy most people spend time their family and relatives.
A: I think it resembles America.
B: I think so too.
A: What do they eat for X'mas?
B: They eat fish dishes as the main dishes.
A: That's interesting. I thought that they would eat meat dishes as main dishes.
B: I thought so too. I think X'mas day is different from country to country.
A: Yes, it is good to know that.
B: Let's make a best plan for X'mas.
A: I think that's all for today. Thanks for listening to KSU student Podcast.
B: We hope you have learned something new.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment