Monday, December 14, 2015

Episode 041 - Everyone Loves Christmas!


A: Hello everyone. My name is Mayu and this is Minami. This is KSU student Podcast. How are you?

B: I'm sleepy, because I didn't sleep yesterday. How are you?

A: I'm not sleepy. I'm hungry. What were you doing last night?

B: I watched a movie last night.

A: What did you watch it?

B: I watched “Casper".

A: How was the story?

B: Casper, who is a lonesome and cute ghost, is the main character. The story is about Halloween.

A: Oh!! Halloween is amazing!! By the way, what did you do on Halloween?

B:  No, I didn't. What did you do it?

A: I dressed up as a devil. I went to the Halloween party with my friends. I got a lot of candies. I had a nice day.

B: It was great! I also wanted to do it.

A: Let's go to the next Halloween party.

B:  Sure. I look forward to next Halloween party.

A: Well...the next event is Christmas. What do you know about Christmas?

B: Yes, I know about it. When l was 10 years old, l was interested and studied it.

A: That's great. Please tell me about it.

B: Christmas's decoration appeared in November around the world.

A: Oh. It's the same with Japan. What was the date of Christmas?

B: It's celebrated for Jesus Christ's birth.

A: I see... Did you spend Christmas season abroad?

B:  Yes, I did. I went to Australia last Christmas season.
 
A: Wow!! How was it?

B: Australia's Christmas season was very hot.   It was summer. Most children were on summer vacation. Many people spend it with their family.

A: Summer? That's great.

B: So...They decorate wreaths on the front door and have illumination in their house and garden.

A: It will be beautiful. I want to see it. What did you do?

B: I did a BBQ on the beach. Australians often eat sea food. So BBQ's ingredients were a lot of sea food. It was so delicious.

A: That's a new story to me. I think that everyone eat chicken, pizza and steak.

B:  Me too, I knew it, l was a surprise. This is south hemisphere Christmas. What do you know about Christmas?

A: I have heard that people relax at home on the day of Christmas in the USA

B: I see. In Japan, there are a lot of people who eat out, and go to see illuminations.

A: Yes.But all the shops are closed on a Christmas day, 25th in the USA, so people seem to enjoy conversation around a splendid meal with a family and relatives from the 24th through the 25th.

B: Wow! It looks just like New Year holidays in Japan.

A: Year. Furthermore, in the USA, people often eat a turkey, beef, or mutton in most family on Christmas, but there is not a decided food as for the meal of Christmas. They don't eat cake either.

B: It was surprising to me. In Japan, it is common to eat chicken and cake. Do they get the present?

A: Year. They can get several presents.

B: Wow. I'm very envious. How to spend Christmas varies by country.

A: Yes. Also, in Italy people eat eels on Christmas because eels are considered to be lucky food. In France, people put shoes in a house under a tree, and a present seems to be put on the shoes.

B:  That's interesting! I was excited for Christmas.

A: I'm looking forward to Christmas too! How do you spend Christmas?

B: I haven't decided yet.

A:  I will do a Christmas party with my friends. How about we do it together?

B: That's great! Sure! I'm really looking forward to it!

A: I think that's all for today. Thanks for listening to KSU Podcast. We hope you have learned something new. See you.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment