Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Episode 034 - Are you a kendo master?


A: Hello, Welcome to KSU student podcast. My name is Yuhei.
B: My name is Toyokazu. How are you doing?
A: I`m fine and you?
B: I`m tired.
A: Oh, why?
B: I participated in a game of the Kendo yesterday. Do you know the Kendo?
A: Oh, it`s nice. Yes I do, I know that it is the martial arts of Japan!
B: Oh, yes! Have you played Kendo?
A: No I have not, but I have seen it. How long do you play Kendo?
B: I am having done the Kendo for 10yers.
A: Wow, it`s a long time! Are you a strong player?
B: No, no. I`m not strong. The Kendo is my hobby.
A: Kendo is the martial arts of Japan, right?
B: Yes!
A: When did the Kendo begin?
B: Kendo was made by Samurai in last part of Edo era. Do you know Samurai?
A: Of course I know! Samurai is Japanese soldier.
B: Yes.
A: But I can`t understand that Kendo was made by Samurai.
B: The war was over, but began Kendo to be able to do a war anytime.
A: Oh, I see! So the Kendo was made by Samurai! I hope that war has never started!
B: I think so too! But Japan become peaceful, too, and the Kendo becomes the culture.
A: Well. Peace is the vest.
B: The Kendo for fight disappeared, and Kendo as the culture was born.
A: Nice story. It is very good that such a custom becomes the culture.
B: I think so too.
A: How popular is the Kendo now?
B: The Kendo spreads out in the world as the Japanese culture now. But there are few people doing Kendo in my imminent human beings.
A: I don`t know the person who has done Kendo when I am said so very much.
B: I hope that Kendo comes to be more popular.
A: Well. Kendo is nice sports, because you are able to learn Japanese manners.
B: That`s right! Japan has unique manners, for example Wabisabi.
A: Wabisabi? I don`t know it. What is Wabisabi?
B: Wabisabi is Japanese senses of beauty, which mean "Beauty within simplicity."
A: Oh, by the way I have heard that thing through tea ceremony.
B: Yes! It is Wabisabi! The Kendo is culture of Japan same as tea ceremony and Judo, too.
A: The Judo is a competition of the Olympics, is the Kendo different?
B: No, Kendo isn`t a competition of the Olympics, but there is a world game of Kendo.
A: Oh, I see. I hope that Kendo will become a competition of the Olympics when Tokyo Olympics.  

   That`s all, thank you for listening!


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment