Monday, December 7, 2015

Episode 033 - Hanshin Tigers Talk


Hello, everyone.  My name is Takafumi, this is Masatoshi and Masaya. This is KSU Student Podcast.

1: Hi, How are you?

2: I'm fine, Thank you.

3: Me too. How about you?

1: I'm fine too.  Recently, I’ve been interested in baseball because "the premier 12" was very, very exciting.

2: Oh, it's good.

1: But, I don't know about baseball very much. It's a shame listening to basic knowledge on baseball...

3: We’ll teach you all about it.

1: Thank you. First, I want to know about "Hanshin Tigers".

2: I see. "Hanshin Tigers" is a professional baseball team in the central league. The Tigers’ home ground is in Hyogo. It is "Koshien.”

1: I thought that the Tigers was baseball team in Osaka.

3: Tigers were created in 1935. Then the name was "Osaka Tigers". In 1961, it was changed to "Hanshin Tigers"

1: .Oh, the Tigers have a long history.

3: .Yes. This year is the Tigers’ 80th anniversary.

1: But I don’t think that the Tigers are a strong team.

2: Umm, it's certain that Tigers hasn’t been a strong baseball team for a long time. But Hoshino Senichi became the director in 2002. And player's consciousness was reformed by substantial restructuring of the player and trade.

3: Then a league victory was achieved in 2003. Hanshin was reborn as a strong team which involves championship competition every year from here.

1: .Really, director Hoshino is wonderful. He made Rakuten win the victory, didn't he?

3: That’s right. There is also criticism, but I think it's apparent that he's one of the great baseball commanders

2: This year, we thought we would be 1st, but, finally we took 3rd place.

1: Yeah, I'm sad....

3: But "Fujinami Shintaro" was nice. He did pitch a perfect game on May 20th, they won 14 games, and got the title "Strike out leader ".

1: Fujinami is wonderful, too.

3: .Yes, Ohtani is very famous, but Fujinami is great too.

2: In next year, Kanemoto will become the Tigers' commander, and Fujikawa will return from Shikoku.

1: Oh, it's great. I'm excited.

3: Me too.

 

That’s all for today. Thanks for listening.

 

We hope you learned something new today.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment