Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Episode 046 - Kyudo: How to shoot a Japanese bow and arrow


Y: Hello. My name is Yuichiro and this is Kohei.
  This is KSU student Podcast.
  How are you doing?
K: I'm fine thank you and you?
Y: I'm fine too.
K: Today we're going to talk about Kyudo.
  Kyudo is Japanese archery.
  Hey, Yuichiro, did you know that?
Y: No, I didn't. Have you done Kyudo before?
K: Yes. I belonged to the Kyudo club in high school for          
  three years.
  I'll tell you how to do Kyudo.
  Step1. Open your legs from the right.
  Step2. Keep your center of balance and stand up            
             straight.
Y: Oh, it seems to be difficult.
K: Step3. Fix an arrow to the bow
  Step4. Lift up bow and arrow
  Step5. Draw a bow
Y: The standing pose is so cool.
K: Step6. Keep the bow drawn and wait for your chance
              to shoot
  Step7. Then, release the arrow
  Step8. After you shoot, keep good posture
Y: That makes sense.
  Such manners are beautiful.
  We must remember the eight manners and do Kyudo.
K: Yes. Such manners are very important.
Y: I would like to try that once.
  Of course, I’ll make sure to remember the eight moves.
  Today, we talked about Kyudo.
  Thanks for listening to our Podcast.
  We hope you are interested in Kyudo.
  And I think that I want you to try it once.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment