Friday, December 18, 2015

Episode 053 - Prefecture Battle: Fukui vs. Hiroshima


Tomoshi: Hello. I’m Tomoshi and this is Hiroto. This is KSU Student Podcast. I went to Okinawa last week.

Hiroto: Oh, It sounds good. What was good there?

Tomoshi: There are many good places in Okinawa. For example, Shuri castle and the beautiful sea.

Hiroto: I went there on a high school trip, too. There are still many memories. The best memory is the food. Okinawan food was good, but the food from my hometown is more delicious. What is the memory of your school trip?

Tomoshi: I went to Hawaii.

Hiroto: Where did you go in Hawaii?

Tomoshi: I went to Diamond Head, Alamoana shopping center, and Moanalua high school. And I went cruising. The view from Diamond Head was so beautiful. I took a lot of pictures there. Alamoana shopping center is very big and I bought some goods for my family and friends. Moanalua high school and my high school are sister schools. So we had a school visit to Moanalua high school and we did various things, for example, singing some songs, dancing together, making friends, and so on.

Hiroto: Wow, it’s wonderful. The foreign school trip is surprising. I haven’t been to a foreign country so far. I want to go to a foreign country. I was always in my hometown, Fukui, because Fukui is the best place. Fukui has a lot of nature, clean water, a gentle person. I recommend Fukui to everybody. If you come to Fukui, stay at my house. Is there a place that you want to go now?

Tomoshi: I’ll go to Fukui next week. So I want to know Fukui’s good place.

Hiroto: My hometown’s good place is the Dinosaur museum.

Tomoshi: Oh, I have never heard of it before. I didn’t think Fukui had any good places.

Hiroto: Be quiet. It is one of the most famous places in Japan.

Tomoshi: Uh, please explain it.

Hiroto: Fukui has a lot of dinosaur fossils, footprints, and so on.

Tomoshi: Wow, it’s great. I wasn’t interested at all.

Hiroto: Please tell me about your hometown.

Tomoshi: My hometown is Hiroshima. There are two heritage sites. They are “Genbaku dome” and “Itsukushimajinja”.

Hiroto: I have been there once. They had history.

Tomoshi: I’ll tell you about “Itsukushimajinja”. A fireworks display is held in summer. This is very beautiful.

Hiroto: Hiroshima is slightly far from Fukui. But I want to go to Hiroshima once again. Tell me the good place.

Tomoshi: If you go to Hiroshima this winter, I recommend Hiroshima Dreamination to you. This is an illumination show held on Peace Boulevard. It is very beautiful.

Hiroto: I understand it. I want to eat Hiroshima’s famous food.

Tomoshi: There is Okonomimura near Peace Boulevard. So you should go there after you see Hiroshima Dreamination.

Hiroto: Ok, Fukui’s katsudon is very delicious. You should eat it later.

Tomoshi: Ok, I see. I’ll eat katsudon when I go to Fukui.

Hiroto: I recommend Fukui’s fresh fish. I could eat it every day one year ago. I live in Kyoto now. Kyoto’s fish is delicious, too. I am a lucky person.

Tomoshi: Ok, I’ll eat fresh fish, too. Oysters are famous food in Hiroshima. So I want you to eat not only Okonomiyaki but also Oyster.

Hiroto: Ok, I’ll eat them.

Tomoshi: Ok. I think that is all for now.

Hiroto: We hope you learned something new today. Thanks for listening.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment