Sunday, December 20, 2015

Episode 061 - Music Talk: J-Pop and Western Music


J-pop and Western music


A: Hello. This is Mitsuki.

B: And, this is Misuzu. This is KSU Student Podcast. Today we're going to talk about J-pop and Western music.

A: What did you yesterday?

B: I went to karaoke with my friends.

A: University friends?

B: Yes, I went there with University friends. They are my best friends!

A: Wow! What song did you sing?

B: I sang One Direction. They are very popular singers in world! You know?

A: No, I don't know Western music well. So please tell me your recommended songs.

B: OK! I really like Western music. I often listen. My favorite song is "Story of My Life" by One Direction. Let's listen to it!

A: Oh! That is a good song! I have heard it.

B: This song was used in TV commercial by Docomo.

A: I see!

B: Do you like Western music?

A: Umm... I don't know what they're saying and I can't understand the meaning.

B: I want you to listen to Western music.

A: Um...Western music is difficult for me. I like J-pop!

B: What do you like?

A: Well...I like Disney songs, but they're in Japanese.

B: Oh! So you should try to listen to Disney songs in English. For example, “Let it Go,” “Under the sea,” and so on.

A: Oh! That's a good example! I can study English and improve my listening skill!

B: Yes! You should try to Western music more.

A: I see. I'll try to it. But you should listen to J-pop too!

B: Sure! I listen to Enka. It's great Japanese music and culture.

A: Let's go to karaoke together soon.

B: Yes! I'm looking forward to going there!

A: I think that's all for today. Thanks for listening to KSU Student Podcast. We hope you have learned something new.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment