Saturday, December 19, 2015

Episode 056 - Prefecture Battle: Kyoto vs. Niigata


A: Hello, this is Shun.
B: Hello, I'm Yu. This is KSU student Podcast. How are you?

A: I feel very cold
B: Why?
A: Recently, it's getting cold and autumn is ending.
B: Yeah. By the way, speaking of autumn, I’ll recommend to you a nice spot.
A: Oh, please tell me! Where?
B: Kiyomizudera is one of the most celebrated temples of Japan. It was founded in 780 on the site of the Otowa Waterfall, and gets its name from the fall's pure waters. The temple was added the list of UNESCO world heritage site.
A: I see. So why Kiyomizu in the fall?
B: Today I recommend that you should go to Kiyomizu in autumn because you can see every beautiful autumn leaves. Kiyomizudera is also best known for its wooden site that juts out from its main hall, 13 meters above the high side bellow. The stage affords visitors  a nice view of the numerous maple trees below that erupt in a sea of color in autumn, as well as of the city of Kyoto in the distance.
A: It's great! I'll try to go there someday.
B:  And where's your hometown?
A: My hometown is Niigata. Do you know where Niigata is?
B: Sure.
A: Niigta is the city which faces the Sea of Japan. So, we can eat a lot of sea food there. Of course rice is famous too.
B:  Yes, I know that.
A: And in winter, we can see much snow. That often falls more than a meter a day.
B: Really! It’s so heavy.
A: Yes, so we can enjoy skiing every winter. I want to do it early. Would you like to go skiing with me?
B: Sorry, I haven't experienced it.
A: Oh... In Niigata, in my high school days, we went skiing with my class instead of school excursion.
B: It sounds good. I want to do someday!
A: And... Oops sorry, time’s up now. I wanted to talk more.
B: Me too. But I was able to talk about good place in each of our hometowns today.
A: I hope to meet you next time. Bye for now!
B: Good bye!

A: We hope you learned something new today.

B: Thanks for listening.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment