Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Episode 035 - The Charms of Tohoku


1: Hi, my name is Taka and his name is Mitsuo.

 

2: Hi, well… I went to on a Tohoku trip in the summer vacation.

 

1: Really? That’s good! How long did you go for?

 

2: 1 week.

 

1: 1 week? That’s nice.

 

2: Let’s talk about it.

 

1: OK! Please.

 

2: Well… First, I went to Miyagi. Miyagi’s biggest city is Sendai. Sendai is a very developed city, but Minamisanriku and Kesennuma were completely destroyed due to the tsunami in 2011.

 

1: Wow… the Great Ease Japan Earthquake was very shocking. Four years have passed since then.

 

2: Well… However, there are good places and delicious foods in Tohoku.

  For example, Tyusonji temple in Miyagi and Goshiki pond in Fukushima.

 

1: Oh, I went to Tyusonji temple too! It’s a good place.

It’s a registered World Heritage Site, isn’t it?

 

2: Yes, you know it will. It’s a very worthwhile temple.

 

1: I know Goshiki pond, but I’ve never been there. I want to go there.

  Well… what delicious foods are there in Tohoku?

 

2: There are many delicious foods in Tohoku. I ate Mabo-yakisoba.

 

1: Mabo-yakisoba!? I haven’t heard of it! Is it really delicious?

 

2: It was very delicious.

 

1: Wow! I want to eat it! What other things did you eat?

 

2: Well… I drank Zunda shake. It’s a confectionery made from green soybeans.

 

1: Zunda shake was introduced by a “Getuyokara yohukashi”

 

2: Really? I didn’t know that.

 

1: That reminds me. The Nikka Whisky factory is in Tohoku. I love whiskey.

 

2: Oh, we went to the Nikka Whisky factory in Sendai and we learned about the manufacturing process there.

  Finally, I sampled three kinds of whiskey.

 

1: Really? I think I want to go to Tohoku!

 

2: Oh, Shall we go Tohoku?

 

1: That’s a good!

 

2: Shall we talk about trip next time?

 

1: OK! See you next time!

 

2: See you. That’s all for today.

 

1: Thanks for listening. We hope you learned something new.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment