Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Episode 168: Unidentified Mysterious Animals in Japan?!


A: This is KSU student podcast.

B: My name is Shingo and this is Shusuke.

Hey. Look at this plush doll!!

 Is it a platypus? It’s very cute. Tell me where you bought it.

OK, By the way, I think that platypus is a mysterious animal, don’t you?

I think so. It’s said that it was an UMA in the past.

What’s UMA?

It is a generic name Unidentified Mysterious Animal saying in japan.

Wow, I think Nessie is included in that category, right?

That's right. Nessie is one of most famous UMA. It was thought to be a surviving plesiosauria living in loch Ness.

I know many sighting cases in lakes around the world in survival of plesiosauria.

They became a hot topic globally, but it was discovered that Nessie is a lie by the confession of the discoverer.

Oh. I believe it. It’s a shock. Do you know any other UMAs?

Of course. Yeti, Merman, Fairy, Alien Big Cat, Sky Fish, etc. One of the Japanese UMA is Tsutinoko.

I know Tsutinoko! I like it. It looks like thick body snake. It was seen all over Japan since ancient times. It has many name by some local. Tsutinoko seems like a Yo-kai in Japan for a long age.

Yo-kai? It is, for example, Rokuro-kubi, Yuki-Onna and Tengu, isn’t it?

Yes, they are Japanese traditional I imaginary phantoms or ghosts. They are sacred and loved. There are entertainment and artistic creations about them. My favorite Yo-kai is Kappa. It’s like a human child, but the body color is green. He has the dish on its head.

Oh I know Kappa. I think it looks creepy.

I get it. Some people say that its motif is water corpse. My favorite kappa is Ryunosuke Akutagawa’s Kappa. It is strange and avant-garde. But, it’s expression is close to real. I think such reality is Yo-kai’s charm.

I see. Even so, I wonder that there are differences between two categories.

I think so too. However, to think being unknown existence is the same.

We are charmed such existences. It may be UMA or Yo-kai’s work.

Wow, It’s mysterious and Pleasant.

 

I think that’s all for today. Thanks for listening to KSU student podcast.

 

 

 


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment