Thursday, June 29, 2017

Episode 190: The best games of all time


(B) This is KSU student podcast.
(B) My name is Yoshida and this is Yuya.
(B) Hi yuya! What are you doing?
(A) I’m playing Final Fantasy. Do you know Final Fantasy?
(B) Yes. I have played a little. Is that famous?
(A) It’s very famous! It’s a popular game which has sold one hundred million copies in the world.
(B) Oh really? That’s wonderful!  
(A) And also, the latest game, FF15, was also sold recently.
(B)  Is that so? I'd like to play.

(A) By the way, do you know the reason for the birth of Final Fantasy?
(B) I don’t know. Surely I am concerned about the origins of names and others.
(A) Initially, Final Fantasy was influenced by Dragon Quest which was released by Enix at that time.
(B) I see, so these two games are similar!
(A) However, at this time the company was on the verge of bankruptcy.
(B) Really? That is a surprising fact.
(A) Until Square Company released Final Fantasy, sales of other game software were not so good.
(B) It is completely different from the state of the current company.
(A) So it was game software named Final Fantasy that Square Company released as the last hope.
(B) I didn’t know that it was made under such circumstances.
(A) I think that it is terrible that Final Fantasy was born in such a situation and has lasted for 30 years.
(B) I think so, too!

(B) Thirty years have passed since the release of Final Fantasy 1, but it is still very popular now.
(A) There are pros and cons for the game style which changes with the flow of the times, but I like recent works as well.
(B) Certainly the progress of game technology has made the picture more beautiful than in the past, so it become more real.
(A) I’m just amazed at the recent high image quality of the game.
(B) Recently VR is selling well, so I’d like to play Final Fantasy in VR.
(A) If Final Fantasy can be played with VR, I think it will be very popular.
(B) We can surely experience amazing presence.
(A) I want them to release a remade version of past works. I want to feel the impression once again with a more beautiful picture!
(B) In anyway, expectations will increase how Final Fantasy evolves.
I think that’s all for today. Thanks for listening to KSU Student Podcast.
We hope you have learned something new.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment