Monday, June 12, 2017

Episode 172: How to Study Effectively


Y: Hello. I’m Yuma.

R: Hello. I’m Ryota. This is KSU student podcast. How is your school life?

Y: So so. I cannot concentrate on studying recently.

R: That’ too bad. Actually, I could study only 10 minutes a short time ago.
I can study for a long time now.

Y: Wow! Why can you concentrate on studying for such a long time? Did you
take a drug which got you focused on studying?

R: No way! Are you kidding me?

Y: Well…What did you do to concentrate?

R: I decide to study at the same time each day. We can acquire a habit of
studying.

Y: I have never decided when to study. We should study in a planned way!

R: You are right!

Y: What else?

R: It is to study in a place that fits me. Well…For example, I like to
study at the library.

Y: I see…I like to study at Starbucks.

R: You post a studying picture at Starbucks on Instagram, don’t you?

Y: That’s right!

R: Is there anything else about studying?

Y: I’m having trouble with many subjects which I have to study.

R: I have a good idea! Change subject every hour.

Y: Why change?

R: We can concentrate on studying easily and feel like it’s a short time.

Y: I see. We can study subject equally.

R: Exactly. By the way, where is your phone when you study.

Y: My phone? Well...I always put it on my desk.

R: That's no good. You use your phone when you study, don't you?

Y: Yes, I often use it.

R: Oh...You should make an environment where you can study.

Y: Specifically, what should I do?

R: You have three steps for making an environment where you can study.
First, turn off your phone. Second, throw your phone on the bed. Third,
clean up your desk.

Y: I see...If there is something on the desk, I'll use it.

R: That's right. If there is nothing on the desk, your concentration will
be increased naturally.

Y: What should I do when I‘m sleepy?

R: I see. I sometimes become sleepy when I'm studying.

Y: Are there any good ideas?

R: Well...I often drink coffee or energy drinks.

Y: Why do you drink them?

R: There is a sleepiness awake effect by taking caffeine.

Y: I see! I try to sleep for a short time but I accidentally sleep for a
few hours when I‘m sleepy.

R: It is efficient to sleep when you are sleepy, but that's too much sleep.
About 30 minutes is the best. You should drink coffee or energy drinks and
sleep 30 minutes because caffeine will begin to effect you after 30 minutes.

Y: I'll try it! I feel that I can finish studying!

R: Study when you go home.

Y: Of course! I think that's all for today. Thank you for listening to KSU
Student Podcast. We hope you have learned something new.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment