Monday, June 12, 2017

Episode 169: Expectations vs. Reality in Our School Lives


H: This is KSU student podcast.
M: Hi, Hinako. How have you been recently?
H: Hi, Momoko. So so. Say, listen.
M: OK. What's up?
H: Recently, I looked at the yearbook from high school. I thought I had many experiences there.
M: I think so too.
H: And it has passed three months since we graduated from high school.
M: Wow, it is very quick! We took many pictures at school events like a school festival.
H: Me too! When I was looking the pictures, the memories came back. And, it was very exciting.
M: I agree with you. I miss my high school life.
H: Yeah, but. . .
M: But?
H: The ideal and reality are little different.
M:  … oh. I don't understand. What do you mean?
H: The ideal is a big which we thought in junior high school, and the reality is real high school life.
M: I see. For example, what did you think in your junior high school?
H: I thought that the rooftop of school building usually opens and we can go up, in addition, we can eat lunch with my friends in there.
M: I understand you! And we take pictures and enjoy ourselves.
H: Yeah, but, did the roof of the school building open?
M: No, I didn't know how to go there.
H: The same here. We ate lunch in my classroom after all. Did you think anything else?
M: Oh. . . I thought we had to make up every day.
H: Me too! And I can dye my hair brown.
M: But,  in my high school, a student who died their hair, was called to teachers’ office.
H: In my high school, it wasn't.  But our school uniforms were checked for the length of skirt.
M: Absolutely.  I was afraid of them. And I thought that the student council was afraid of students. I often see the scenes that the student council has a strong power in the school.
H: Me too! But not really. They were just students. But high school life was exciting.
M: It was an important memory.
H: I have been contacting with my high school student friends.
M: Me too. Ah, I missed it. And it has passed two months since we entered this university. It is very quick.
H: certainly. Are there some differences between ideal and reality?
M: I don't know. But I didn't want to be. So we try our best.
H: That's right. The ideal life of a university student will come true if we try.
M: That is very important for us. We will try our best.
H: Ok. See you.
M: Thank you.
H: I think that's all for today. Thanks for listening to KSU podcast. We hope you have learned something new.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment