Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Episode 177: Have you ever heard of Handball


This is KSU student podcast. My name is Yudai and this is Yui.

K: Sorry to change the subject but, what kind of sports do you like?

O: I like basketball. How about you?

K: I like handball. What kind of image do you have of handball?

O: Handball...There is a goal, dribbling, or scoring points. Actually I have never seen handball. In my high school I often saw people outside practice, but it’s really an inside sport, isn’t it? I only know that.

K: Handball is exciting sports! In Europe it is the second most popular.

O: That’s interesting! I wanted to start a new sport. Please tell me.

K: Ummm... It is difficult to explain the rules.

O: I was playing basketball, are basketball and handball similar?

K: It’s similar to when dribbling and passing, but the ball size and the number of people are different.

O: Well, is football similar?

K: The biggest difference is that you can’t use your feet.

O: I see... are there any other differences?

K: The size of the goal is also different, and the goal of the handball is smaller than the goal of football. Besides, unlike football, handball is a sports of the players that scores one point per minute.

O: Well, why not happen 2-1 or 3-0 like football?

K: It will not. The game time depends on age, but about 20 points per team.

O: The game time will change depending on age! By the way, why did you start handball?

K: I liked dodgeball when I was in elementary school, but I started handball because I wanted a sport to throw balls.

O: I see! What is the charm of handball to you?

K: As handball is called a fighting sports, I think that place where contact play is allowed is attractive.

O: It looks very interesting, is handball difficult?

K: It is certainly difficult, but it will be really fun if you get used to it!

O: All right! I also want to try handball!

 

K: I think that’s all for today. Thank you for listening to KSU Student Podcast. We hope you have learned something new.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment