Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Episode 181: Popular Music in Japan vs. the US


Japanese songs VS English songs.

 

O: Hi! This is KSU student podcast.

R: Hi.

O: My name is Takuya.

R: My name is Ritsuki.

T: How are you?

R: Good! How about you?

T: Good! What do you do in your free time?

R: I watch YOUTUBE.

T: Oh! YOUTUBE! What kind of videos?

R: I often watch Music Videos.

T: Do you like listening to music?

R: Of course! Yes, I do. I like Japanese music. Especially SMAP.

Their song “Sekai ni Hitotsudake no Hana” appears in a music textbook.

T: Nice. But, I don’t listen to Japanese music.

R: Oh Really? What kind of songs do you listen to ?

T: I listen to English songs.

R: I don’t know them very well.

T: My recommendation is Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift, After all, Michael Jackson is the best.

R: I see.

T: There is a song called “Thriller”

 That music video has been played for 400 million times.

R: Wow. But I think Japanese song are more popular in Japan.

T: OK. Let’s compare by CD sales.

 Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” sold 1million 69 thousand CDs in Japan.

R: SMAP’s “Sekai ni Hitotsudake no Hana” sold 2 million 57 thousand CDs.

T: I see…, SMAP is great!!

R: Thank you. But I alao got interested in English songs.

T: Nice! I think that Both songs are good.

R: Yeah, I thought so, too.

T: That is all for today. Thanks for listening.

 


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment