Thursday, June 29, 2017

Episode 198: This History of Chocolate


"Talk About chocolate"   
 

  Shige: This is KSU Student Podcast. My name is Shige and this is Honoka.
 (Shige→S)  

  Honoka: July is coming soon. Did you study for term-end exam?
 (Honoka→H)
 
  S: Of course! I'm hungry when I study.

  H: Yes! I want to eat sweets.

  S: I see. I often eat chocolates.

  H: Now that you mention it. Do you know that it wasn't sweet?

  S: I didn't know that.

  H: Chocolate was a drink and included chili in the past.

  S: what did that taste like? I think it's so spicy.

  H: Yes. It is said that it was healthy.

  S: So, when did it turn sweet?

  H: Well, it was made by the Swiss in 1876.

  S: I've never been hear of that before. When was it introduced to Japan?

  H: It is said that it was introduced in the Edo period.

  S: That surprised me! I would have thought it's new.

  H: It was called "Shokurato" by the people.

  S: I love gateau shokora.

  H: It is not "shokora" but "shokurato". I wonder what to eat because there many chocolate snacks in shop.

  S: If you buy chocolate snacks at the supermarket, I recommend "Takenoko-no-sato" to you because biscuits are delicious.

  H: I see! I like "kinoko-no-yama" more than "Takenoko-no-sato".

  S: Really? Preferences vary among people, don't they?

  H: Anything else?

  S: I recommend "Kit Kat" too!

  H: I received it before my entrance exam.

  S: What taste did you get?

  H: What? It is natural.

  S: There are many kind of tastes.

  H: I didn't know that! What kind are there?

  S: I can't count them. They are sold for a limited time and region only.

  H: Wow! Are there "Kit Kat" in Kyoto ?

  S: In Kyoto, its taste is Hoji-cha. In Shizuoka, there are Wasabi flavored ones.

  H: I want to eat Hoji-cha flavor because I came to Kyoto but I don't want to eat Wasabi flavor.

  S: If you give someone "Kit Kat", I think flavor of Pistachio-grapefruit is good.

  H: I haven't eaten that one either. I'll try to eat them soon.

  S: O.K. Please tell me your impressions.
 
  H:I think that's all for today.

    Thank you for listening to KSU Student Podcast. We hope you have learned something new.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment