Thursday, June 29, 2017

Episode 200: Everyone's Favorite Family Animation - Sazae-san



This is KSU student podcast. My name is Arisa and this is Kentaro.

K How have you been recently?

A Tokyo! I went to Fuji TV's building. I saw Sazae's display in there so today we’re going to talk about Sazae which is a Japanese Animation.
Hey, Kentaro. Did  you know Sazaesan ?

K I know! I watch every week on TV.

A It is very nice. I watch every week, too. Do you know when Sazae started?

K I don't know. When?

A Actually, Sazae is known as an animation now, but it started as four top comics in the newspaper in 1946.

K Really? Sazae's history is very long. When did Sazae, the animation, start?

A It started in 1969.

K Oh, I didn't think Sazae had been on for such a long time.

A Yes. I was surprised to read Sazae's history on the display.

K I want to see the display. What are there in Sazae's display in Fuji TV's building?

A There is a display about Sazae's animator.

K It seems to be interesting! Please tell me about it.

A Ok. Sazae was written by Machiko Hasegawa.

K Is it women?

A Yes. She lived in Showa era. During Showa era, it was very difficult for women to play active parts in society but she was active with Sazae.

K Well. She was wonderful.

A I see. She was given People's Honor Award in 1992 because her comics gave the charm and the peace of mind in the postwar Japanese society and people.

K Wow. I want to be a person like she.

A I think so, too. By the way, who do you like in Sazae's family.

K I like Namihei!

A That's interesting. Do you know Namihei has a brother and a sister?

K I know he has a brother but I didn’t know he had a sister.

A Oh, do you know Norisuke?

K Of course! He is interesting.

A In fact Namihei's sister is Norisuke's mother.

K I didn't know that. There is interesting family make‐up in Sazae.

A Yes. There is Sazae's family tree on the display in the Fuji TV's building and there are about 30 characters.

K About 30 characters? This sounds very interesting.

I think that's all for today. Thanks for listening to KSU Student Podcast. We hope you have learned something new.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment