Thursday, June 29, 2017

Episode 196: Special Temples in Kyoto


Ayako: Hello, I'm Ayako and this is Hinako. This is KSU's podcast.

Hinako: Hi, Ayako. How have you been recently? Are you accustomed to living alone in Kyoto?

Ayako: Hi, Hinako. Thanks for your concern. Yes, I got quite used to that. I like the atmosphere of Kyoto.

Hinako: I have lived in Kyoto since I was a child. So, I like it too! There are many temples and shrines in Kyoto because Kyoto has a long history.

Ayako: I know. I learned Kyoto's history when I was a junior high school student. Actually, I have come to Kyoto before on a school trip.

Hinako: Oh! Where did you go?

Ayako: I went to Kiyomizu temple, Kinkaku temple, and Arashiyama.

Hinako: All the places you went to are very famous! However, I don't know much about these places because I had gone there when I was a child.

Ayako: Really!? These were very good! Have you ever been to Jishu-jinja shrine in Kiyomizu temple?

Hinako: No... What is this?

Ayako: Don't you know?

Hinako: No... Please tell me about this.

Ayako: That place is famous for a God of Marriage. There is a pair of stones known as love fortune-telling stones. It is believed that closing your eyes and walking from one stone to the other will bring you true love.

Hinako: Really!? I want to go there so much!!

Ayako: Yes! If you have a chance, you should go there. But, I began to live alone in Kyoto, I don't know much about the local places in Kyoto.

Hinako: I know much about that! I'll tell you!

Ayako: Oh! Thank you!

Hinako: I know many nice restaurants around here. "Kura" is one of those. The taste of this Japanese food is very nice and I like the atmospere so much. In addition to this the prices are very cheap!!

Ayako: That's sounds good! Where is it?

Hinako: It is on the Misonobashi street. So, It is near Kyoto Sangyo university.

Ayako: Oh! Really?

Hinako: Yes! Let's go there next time!

Ayako: That's good! At that time, shall we go to Jishu-jinja shrine in Kiyomizu temple?

Hinako: I agree with you! I can't wait!

Ayako: That's all for today. Thanks for listening.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment