Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Episode 211: Girls in Science Courses


This is KSU Student Podcast. My name is Kyoka and this is Maki.
K: Hi Maki. What department are you in?
M: I’m a student of the Life Sciences department.
K: Really? I’m a student of the computer department.
M: Wow! We are the same, science girls.
K: Yes. I was very surprised.
M: There are a lot more boys than girls in science, so it is difficult for us to make “girl” friends.
K: I think so too. There are about 140 people in the same grade in my department. However, there are only 15 girls.
M: It sounds bad!! Did you join any club or circle?
K: Yes, I joined in acapella circle.
M: Oh, it’s a good activity. You can make friends who are students of the different department, can’t you?
K: Yes!! So, almost all of my “girl” friends in my college are students from the different departments.
M: In our college, there are a lot of different departments. It is called that “One Campus”. However, there are more literature students than science students.
K: Yes. The number of people will be further reduced because we are girls among them. We are truly a rare existence.
M: It is one of the rare reasons that undergraduate buildings are in “Lower Bound”, aren’t they?
K: Our college is in the mountain. Among them, it is about our faculties that are in the lower bounds of the mountain. Other faculties of liberal arts are in “Upper Bound” towards the top of the mountain. So chances of interaction will be reduced and it will be rare.
M: But it is very troublesome to go to the “Upper Bound”, so I actually feel that “Lower Bound” is better.
K: Because bus stops and bicycle parks are all in the “Lower Bound”.
M: Yes, It makes coming and going easier.
K: Being science girl is not just only bad thing.
That’s all for today. Thank you for listening to KSU Student Podcast.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment