Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Episode 222: Donuts: Everyone's favorite snack


About The Donut
    A=Karen, B=Dai  
A: This is KSU podcast. My name is Karen and this is Dai. Hi, How are you?
B: Hi, Karen I am very hungry. Do vou have something to eat?
A: Oh I Just have a donut here. Do you like donuts?
B: Yes, I like donuts very much. It looks very delicious. Can I eat it when this radio is over?
A: OK! By the way do you know the origin of the name of the donut?
B: I don't know, I want you to tell me.
A: Of course, origin of The name of the donut is〝Dough″mean "fabric″and "Nut″meaning〝 Tree nut″. They are put together and became The name Donut.
B: I see! But, there are not necessarily nuts in the donut.
A: There are various kinds of donuts now, but in the past, nuts had been kneaded or mixed into donuts.
B: I understood well. I like donuts more if I make them myself, but I didn't know the origin the name.
A: Really? Can you make donuts?
B: Yes. I make the donuts occasionally, but it’s very difficult.
A: Wow, It's amazing! How do you make them?
B: Umm...Speaking briefly, mix the materials, knead the dough and bake or fry.
A: That's sound easy. What is the difficulty?
B: Forming well is very difficult. And it is very important to make the donut's hole.
A: Oh, donut's hole! By the way, why do the donut need to have the hole? What does it mean?
B: Because the donuts need to be cooked on the inside. If the donut doesn't have the hole, the donut's middle might be raw.
A: Oh, I understood the donut's hole is very important.
B: And drilling the hole has another role. Donut's hole makes the dough inflate uniformly.
A: That's amazing! I want to make it.
B: That's good!
A: Recently there are also donuts with no holes. What kind of donuts do you like the most
B: Unm I like Mr. Donuts double chocolate the most.
A: I like Mr. Donut’s donuts too! But I like the pandering donut the most.
B:  Let's go to Mr. Donut Together next time.
A: It sounds good Thank you for listening.
 


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment