Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Episode 218: Differences between Japanese music and western music


S: Hi! This is KSU student podcast. I’m Shinn.

M: Hi! I’m Mizuki.

S: How are you?

M: Good! How about you?

S: Good! By the way, what are you doing on the train when you go to school?

M: I always listen to music. What about you?

S:  I always listen to music too! What kind of music are you listening to?

M: I often listen to Japanese songs. For example, Leora and Mrs. GREEN APPLE. What kind of singer do you like?

S: Those people did not know, but I will listen to it next time! I often listen to English songs. For example, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars.

M: They are famous! I often listen too. I listen to Japanese songs more than English songs.

S: Really? I listen to English songs more than Japanese songs. Why do you like Japanese songs?

M: Because with Japanese songs, I can get a real understanding of lyrics. For song’s lyrics are important, aren’t they?

S: Surely the lyrics are important, but English songs give me energy. And don’t you want to listen without understanding the lyrics?

M: Sometimes it feels like that, but the English song lyrics are also good!

S: I think so too. What do you think is the difference between lyrics of Japanese songs and lyrics of English songs?

M: I think that the lyrics of Japanese songs often avoid direct expression. There are many direct expressions of English songs lyrics right?

S: I agree, but Japanese songs and English songs have the same points!

M: It is the same as singing. It moves the feelings of many people regardless of language.

S: Yeah, I thought so too.

M: That is all for today. Thanks for listening.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment