Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Episode 223: Interesting Facts about American Life


This is KSU Student Podcast. My name is Yudai and this is Ayako.

 A : Hi, Yudai. You look happy, aren’t you?

Y : Yes! I have a new friend who is an international students.

A : Cool! Where is he from?

Y : He is from Boston in America.

A : Really? I had been to there when I was junior high school student. I stayed in my host family’s house.

Y : Really? I want to befriend with him more. Please tell me about America.

A : Sure! I could find different things between America and Japan. First, I was surprised by boxed lunch in America.

Y : Boxed lunch? What is the difference?

A : Umm… Raw vegetable are in the bag as it is.

Y : Wow! That vegetable is not cooked?

A : Yes, we just bite into it.

Y : It is impossible in Japan.

A : There are other things that surprised me too.

Y : What surprised you?

A : I was surprised by school life in America.

Y : School life? For example?

A : American students don’t clean their class rooms. There wasn’t a cleaning staff.

Y : Really? It sounds looks dirty.

A : Yes. Moreover, we were walking inside the school with an outdoor shoes!

Y : Oh… I can’t bear it.

A : There are other things I was surprised at school life. The sound of the chime at the end of class is completely different from Japan.

Y : How is it different?

A : The sound of the chime seem like it would be an emergency bell in America!

Y : Really? It sounds a bad for heart.

A : Yes, When I first heard it, I was impatient because I didn’t know what happened.

Y : There are lots of differences from Japan.

A : By the way, I was surprised by another thing.

Y : Wow, there is more?

A : Yes. I was surprised at the difference between breakfast in America and Japan.

Y : What are the differences?

A : Japanese people often eat Japanese food or bread in the morning but American people eat sweet food from the morning. For example, they eat peanut butter, donuts, or cereal. Moreover, custard cream is included in American donuts. There is also chocolate on top. It’s very sweet.

Y : Really? I can’t eat sweet food in the morning. There are also differences in surprising parts. I’m very happy to know a lot of differences between Japan and the USA. Thank you Ayako.

A : You’re welcome.

Y : I’ll talk to my international student about the story I heard from you.

 

I think that’s all for today. Thanks for listening to KSU student podcast. We pope you have learned something new.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment