Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Episode 228: Short History of War and Peace in Japan


Hiroya: This is KSU student podcast. I'm Hiroya and this is Yui. Hello. How are you feeling?

Yui: I'm feeling good. But today's morning news is depressing.

H: What's up?

Y: I'm afraid of North Korea's missiles...

H: Oh... Surely I think so too. Recently missiles have been fired frequently.

Y: Yeah, that's right... Currently Japan is said to be peaceful. l because war hasn't happened in a long time.

H: I feel worried because there was war here in the past.

Y: I think so too. Japan is the only country where the atomic bomb was dropped on people.

H: Yes. Little Boy fell on Hiroshima. And Fatman fell on Nagasaki, didn't they?

Y: That's right. In Hiroshima, 160thousand people and in Nagasaki 70thousand people died from the atomic bomb.

H: Yeah. Even now there are some people suffering from the radiation.

Y: It's very frightening. A while ago I saw the Atomic Bomb Dome. It made me feel very sad.

H: If only war didn't exist, the world would be peaceful.

Y: I guess so. I wish for world peace.

H: I wish for it too. But I think "peace" is too difficult to imagine. Beyond description...

What do you think about "peace"?

Y: "Peace"... I think "peace" is understanding each other.

H: I see. Understanding each other... Peoples different ways of thinking and opinions can lead to misunderstandings.

Y: Right. I think that is one cause of war.

H: Exactly. First of all, let's communicate in order to understand each other. For that, we should acquire more methods of communication.

Y: We have to learn from the past. And never repeat world war again. Thank you for listening to KSU student podcast


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment