Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Episode 213: Famous Places in Saitama and Kyoto


Script
This is KSU podcast. My name is Kotomi and this is Yoki. Please listen to our podcast.
K: Hi, Yoki. How are you?
Y: I'm fine. And you?
K: Me too. By the way, where are you from? I don't know your hometown. In my case I'm from Saitama.
Y: Really!? It's so far from Kyoto. Incidentally, what is the famous in Saitama? I don't know Saitama in detail.
K: I often hear that. Well... I think Chichibu and Kawagoe.
Y: Tell me about Chichibu and Kawagoe.
K: There is a lot of nature in Chichibu.
Y: Really?
K: Yes. In addition, we can experience "Rainkudari".
Y: "Rainkudari"? What is it?
K: "Rainkudari" is similar to rafting.
Y: Oh~, it is sounds good. I want to try it.
K: Yeah, I recommend you do. And we can feel old atmosphere in Kawagoe. That is because Kawagoe retains its character from the Edo period.
Y: It is good.
K: I think so too. By the way, how about Kyoto? Kyoto has many famous spots. Where do you recommend?
Y: I recommend Kyoto's famous place called Kiyomizu Temple.
K: Oh, I know it. I have been to there 9 times.
Y: 9 times!? You have been there many times. KIyomizu Temple was built in the year 778. Do you know this?
K: Really! That is the first time I’ve heard that. It is old.
Y: Yes. It has a history of about 1200 years. And, it has different faces depending on summer and winter. In winter, the light up red leaves can be seen. It is beautiful.
K: Yeah. I have seen it. It was beautiful.
Y: Oh, sounds good. And in summer, the light up Gozan no Okuribi can be seen.
K: I know it but I haven't seen it. What about it?
Y: Different words appear on the five mountain. The word is made of fire. The word of Gozen's fire is 大,妙,法,大,⛵.
K: It is great.
Y: Yes. So, there are many people coming from abroad to see it.
K: I think so too. I want to see it.
Y: Let's see it together in next summer.
K: Good idea. Let's go.
K&Y: That's all. Thank you for listening.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment