Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Episode 235: History of Match and Chocolate


N: Hello everyone. This is KSU student podcast. My name is Nao and this is Riria. Today, we’ll introduce cafés in Kyoto. Hi Riria, how was your day?

R: I visited “Macha kan” in kawaramachi with my friend yesterday. I have been getting interested in this shop these days because I like green tea. 

N: really? I like green tea too! What is this shop? Tell me about it. 

R: the most popular item at this shop is “Macha Tiramisu”. This sweet is covered with powdered green tea on a rich and mild Mascarpone cheese in a square cup. It was very delicious. 

N: sounds good. Please go on.  

R: ok. I waited in line for an hour to eat this sweets on holiday. I recommend you to visit this shop on holiday. Please tell me about your plans. Where did you go weekend? 

N: Recently I went to the café named Mariebelle. 

N: This is a chocolate shop. And the head office of this shop is in New York, United States.  Long time ago, chocolate was said to be “the food of gods”. So the people of medieval Europe drank it as a medicine for longevity.

R: That’s the first time I’ve heard that!

N: Around Maya and Aztec civilization, chocolate was used as money. I think chocolate has art, food and beauty. So I can’t help loving it!

R: I want to go to this shop! And please go to the shop I recommended.

N: Of course! I’ll go.

That’s all for today. Thank you for listening to our podcast. We hope you learned something new.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment