Thursday, December 14, 2017

Episode 242: The History of Nara's Temples


S: Hi Kenta.How are you?
K: Hi Shono. I'm fine thank you and you?
S: I'm fine.Do you live alone?
K: Yes,I started this summer.
S: Where is your family home?
K: Nara.
S: Oh Nara! I have never been to Nara.
K: There are a lot of temples in Nara.
S: I want to know about main temple in Nara. Please tell me about it.
K: Sure. There is Toshodaiji temple that is famous in Nara.It was build by Ganjin in 759.
S: I know about Ganjin. He came from abroad in order to tell Buddhism.
K: Yes. He failed to come to Japan five times because it is difficult to sail across the sea and lose his eyesight.
S:  I was impressed with reminiscences about his Buddhism. Is there any other famous temples in Nara?
K: Yes. Todaiji temple is very famous.
S: I have seen a pictures of great statue of Buddha. Please tell me about it?
K: Sure. Emperor Shoumu built it in Todaiji temple on 743.
S: What is its official name?
K: Its official name is Rushanabutsu.
S: How tall is it?
K: It's about 15m.
S: It is taller than I expected! Why was it build?
K: Because people suffered from many disasters in Japan at that time.
S: I’m surprised when I know it was built 1300 years ago.
K: I think it continue to protect the peace of Japan for a long period.
S: I want to know more about Nara. Please show me Nara.
K: Of course.

Thank you for listening


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment