Thursday, December 14, 2017

Episode 237: Ramen's History


This is KSU podcast. My name is Chinami and this is Sayaka.

C: Umm. I'm hungry after the class. I want to eat something.

S: Yeah! Let's go to Ichibariki today!

C: Sounds nice! I love Chinese noodles!

S: I see. Ramen spread from China, but do you know how long it has being eaten?

C: Well... I don't know that. When was it introduced to Japan?

S: Ramen was born in the Edo era, and it is said that it spread in the Meiji era. The Japanese person who ate Chinese noodles for the first time was Mito Komon!

C: Wow. I thought it was a recent food, but it has been eaten since long ago. Mito Komon!? Is that true?

 S: Yeah! Although Chinese noodles didn't originate in Japan, there are also unique ramen in Japan!

C:  It is instant noodles! It is very convenient to be able to do in 3 minutes when you are busy.  It is produced and sold overseas as well. Recently, there are local ramen flavors and unusual tastes as well.

S: In Japan, "chicken noodles" are said to be the first instant noodles. It is in keeping with the traditional taste. So it is very delicious.

C: Oh no, you made me feel like eating Ramen more since you mentioned it! What flavor of ramen do you like?

S: My hometown is close to Hakata, so I like Tonkotsu! I learned about oil noodles when I came to Kyoto. I have eaten only once, but it was too salty to eat!

C: If you try to eat it many times, you are going to love it. KSU students often eat soba noodles at Ichibariki. Oh, I wonder what kind of ramen I should have today.

S: You are so fascinated by that. I also got hungry.

C: Let's go after class and meet up front of Heirakukan!

S: See you later! I am looking forward.


Thank you for listening to KSU Student Podcast.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment